Important instructions and guidelines : PAN CR
- Online application form :
- Words like Late, Alias, Shri, Smt, Kumari, Dr., Major, Captain, M/s
etc should not be mentioned in the name fields of Applicant Name,
Name on card, Father name & Representative Assessee Name.
- Only one single character initial is allowed in middle name field
in PAN application for Individual applicants.
- Applicant is required to verify the application details before submitting
the online application.
- Photo :
- 'Individual' applicants including minor applicants should affix
a recent colour photograph (size 3.5 cm x 2.5 cm) in the space provided in the
acknowledgment receipt. However, photo of minor will not be printed on PAN Card.
- Kindly paste the photograph (one) in the space provided on acknowledgement receipt.
Please do not staple or clip the photograph to the acknowledgement receipt.
- Photographs that provide clear visibility of applicant's face will only be accepted.
- Thumb impression/signature :
- Signature/Left Thumb Impression should be put within the box provided
in the acknowledgment. Signature should not be put across or on the photograph.
- Individual applicants :
- Acknowledgement receipt shall be signed by the applicant in the space provided for signature.
- In case of a minor/deceased/idiot/lunatic/mentally retarded acknowledgment receipt shall be signed by the Representative Assessee.
- Non-Individual applicants :
- In case of Hindu Undivided Family (HUF), acknowledgment receipt shall be signed by the Karta of the HUF.
- In case of Company/Firm/Association of Person(s)/Body of Individuals/ Association of Person(s) Trust/Artificial Judicial Person or Local Authority, the authorised signatory shall sign the acknowledgment receipt.
- Thumb Impression should be attested by a Magistrate or a Notary Public or
a Gazetted Officer, under official seal and stamp.
- Payment :
- Fee for processing PAN application: 107 ( 93 + service tax) for
PAN card to be dispatched in India. For dispatch outside India, fee
is 989 (including service tax).
- Payment should be in INR and payment instruments in other currency will not be accepted.
- Payment can be made through Demand Draft, Credit card / Debit card or Net Banking.
Demand Draft should be in favour of 'NSDL-PAN' payable at Mumbai.
- Acknowledgment number should be mentioned on the reverse of the Demand Draft
- Proof of Identity and Address :
Applicant is required to submit Proof of Identity, Address and Date of birth (applicable for Individuals & Karta of HUF) along with the acknowledgment receipt.
- Proof of Identity, Address and Date of birth should be in the name of the applicant
as mentioned in item no. 1 of the application form.
- Document provided as Proof of Identity, Proof of Address and Date of birth should
have name of the applicant exactly matching with the name in application.
For Example: If name in application is mentioned as Poonam Ravi Narayan,
proof of Identity (except Ration card), Address and Date of birth should be in the name of Poonam Ravi Narayan
in a single line.
- Proof of changes requested :
Applicant shall be required to provide supporting documents for correction
or change in PAN data (like name, father's name and date of birth) requested
by the applicant.
- The list of above said documents can be checked in link
Additional PAN surrender :
Applicant is required to submit any one of the below document as proof of PAN
in case of surrender of additional PAN :
- Copy of PAN Card
- Copy of PAN allotment letter/Intimation letter from Income Tax
Applicant may contact his Assessing Officer for surrender of single PAN.
- Submission of documents :
The acknowledgment duly signed, affixed with photograph
(in case of 'Individuals') along with Demand Draft, if any, and proof of identity &
proof of address should be sent at the below address :
'Income Tax PAN Services Unit,
NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited,
5th floor, Mantri Sterling, Plot No. 341,
Survey No. 997/8, Model Colony,
Near Deep Bungalow Chowk, Pune - 411016'