Important instructions and guidelines : Form 49A
- Online application form :
- Words like Late, Alias, Shri, Smt, Kumari, Dr., Major, Captain, M/s
etc should not be mentioned in the name fields of Applicant Name,
Name on card, Father name & Representative Assessee Name.
- Only one single character initial is allowed in middle name field
in PAN application for Individual applicants.
- Applicant is required to verify the application details before submitting
the online application.
- Photo :
- 'Individual' applicants including minor applicants should affix
a recent colour photograph (size 3.5 cm x 2.5 cm) in the space provided in the
acknowledgment receipt. However, photo of minor will not be printed on PAN Card.
- Kindly paste the photograph in the space provided on acknowledgement receipt.
Please do not staple or clip the photograph to the acknowledgement receipt.
- Please ensure that the photograph has the clear visibility of applicant's face.
- Thumb impression/signature :
- Signature/Left Thumb Impression should be put within the box provided
in the acknowledgment. Signature should not be put across or on the photograph.
- Individual applicants
- Acknowledgement receipt shall be signed by the applicant in the space provided for signature.
- In case of a minor/deceased/idiot/lunatic/mentally retarded acknowledgment receipt shall be signed by the Representative Assessee.
- Non-Individual applicants
- In case of Hindu Undivided Family (HUF), acknowledgment receipt
shall be signed by the Karta of the HUF.
- In case of Company/Firm/Association of Person(s)/Body of
Individuals/ Association of Person(s) Trust/Artificial Judicial
Person or Local Authority, the authorised signatory shall sign
the acknowledgment receipt.
- Thumb Impression should be attested by a Magistrate or a Notary Public or
a Gazetted Officer, under official seal and stamp.
- Payment :
- Fee for processing PAN application: 107 ( 93 + service tax) for
PAN card to be dispatched in India. For dispatch outside India, fee
is 994 (including service tax).
- Payment should be in INR and payment instruments in other currency will not be accepted.
- Payment can be made through Demand Draft, Credit card / Debit card or Net Banking.
Demand Draft should be in favour of 'NSDL-PAN' payable at Mumbai.
- Acknowledgment number should be mentioned on the reverse of the Demand Draft
- Proof of Identity and Address :
Applicant is required to submit Proof of Identity, Address and Date of birth (applicable for Individuals & Karta of HUF) along with the acknowledgment receipt.
- Proof of Identity, Address and Date of birth should be in the name of the applicant
as mentioned in item no. 1 of the application form.
- Document provided as Proof of Identity, Proof of Address and Date of birth should
have name of the applicant exactly matching with the name in application.
For Example: If name in application is mentioned as Poonam Ravi Narayan,
proof of Identity (except Ration card), Address and Date of birth should be in the name
of Poonam Ravi Narayan in a single line.
- Documents acceptable as Proof of Identity, Address and Date of birth can be checked in link
- Submission of documents :
The acknowledgment duly signed, affixed with photograph
(in case of 'Individuals') along with Demand Draft, if any, and proof of identity,
proof of address and proof of date of birth should be sent at the below address :
'Income Tax PAN Services Unit,
NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited,
5th floor, Mantri Sterling, Plot No. 341,
Survey No. 997/8, Model Colony,
Near Deep Bungalow Chowk, Pune - 411016'